We had our beach inspection today and are happy to announce that the beach will be opening on:
Sunday, May 31st.
The beach will be open weekends only until Friday, June 19th.
Beach Hours 2020
Mon Tues Thurs Fri: 11am to 7pm
Late Night Weds: 11am to 8pm
Sat & Sun 10:30am to 6pm
Please take a moment and review the social distancing plan before coming so you are better prepared. Also please be patient with our staff as we begin implementing these new procedures.
Upper Greenwood Lake (UGL) Beach Social Distancing Plan
Until Further Notice, the following Social Distancing Guidelines will be in place for patrons of the Upper Greenwood Lake Beach and it’s accociated facilities, in accordance with Executive Order No. 143 issued by the Governor of the State of New Jersey
All employees and visitors are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings when present on the public and private beaches, boardwalks, lakes, and lakeshores in any settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, except where doing so would inhibit that individual’s health or where the individual is under two years of age, and all operators of public and private beaches, boardwalks, lakes, and lakeshores shall post signage indicating that face coverings are strongly encouraged.
To limit physical interactions, the UGL Beach Committee has implemented the following temporary measures/beach rules:
- Capacity will be limited to 150 patrons on the beach at a given time.
- Members should only attend the beach with members of their immediate household.
- Patrons are required to setup their beach accessories (chairs, coolers, blanket, etc.) NO CLOSER THAN 6 FEET from other patrons.
- Along the beach will be demarcations demonstrating six feet of spacing for social distancing through the placement of cones, flags, or other markings.
- Patrons are required to maintain a distance of AT LEAST 6 FEET from other beach patrons, not within their household, while on the beach, in the water, or using the facilities. When not able to do so the use masks are REQUIRED.
- To minimize the number of patrons, NO GUESTS will be permitted to enter the beach with POA members. No additional beach tags will be available for purchase at this time.
- Masks will be required when entering the Restrooms and Restroom use will limited to members of 1 household/family at a time
- Those waiting for the restroom should stay off the deck and wait in the sand
- Ladders will be removed from swim rafts and cones will be placed on the swim rafts indicating that they are off-limits
- Picnic Tables will be off-limits to patrons, and all patrons should provide their own beach chairs.
- The shower will be off limits to patrons.
- Playground equipment and the Pavilion will be taped off and be off-limits for use.
- The middle gate will be used for entering and exit and those should stand outside of the gate if waiting to check-in.
- All organized or contact activities or sports are prohibited.
- Hand-sanitizer will be available at sanitizing stations to be accessed by one family at a time.
- Shared water play equipment will not be made available, and water play equipment brought by patrons is not to be shared with individuals outside of their household.
The Upper Greenwood Lake Beach Staff afford the right to remove any patron(s) who fail to adhere to the Social Distancing Rules stated above.